- Ultra HD uptake still a long way off, warns LG executive 6 December 2013 | 11:46 am
- Analysts back Netflix international expansion plans 6 December 2013 | 11:45 am
- Sky Deutschland acquires sports production outfit 6 December 2013 | 11:43 am
- South Africa decides against mandatory access control 6 December 2013 | 11:41 am
- Virgin Media taps Digital Element for content geo-location 6 December 2013 | 11:40 am
Polish Chamber of Digital Broadcasting (PIRC) is a successor of Stowarzyszenie Firm Branży Satelitarnej (SFBS), an organization founded in 2002. PIRC is an association of manufacturers of equipment for satellite and terrestrial television, and also service companies that support the leading television broadcasters and individual clients of the domestic market. PIRC, and before it SFBS, has been present in recent years in the work of the Polish Government and conferences on broad issues of radio and television, particularly in the subject of transition from analogue to digital broadcasting in terrestrial television.
PIRC statutory task is to have an impact on the shaping of legislation, social and economic policy and to represent the economic and social interests of companies towards the public authorities. The Chamber also presents opinions and proposals considering economic policy to the legislative bodies and cooperates in this field with other organizations – i.e. with the Polish Chamber of Electronic Communications. In addition, PIRC provides trainings, conducts researches, provides economic consultations and carries out expertises in the field of digital broadcasting Polish Chamber of Digital Broadcasting is managed by experts in digital broadcasting business - representatives of companies operating on the Polish market for years. Within PIRC works the Consultative Board and Legal Office.