- Netflix international base expected to account for fifth of total 22 August 2014 | 10:45 am
- C4 boss slams US studios’ UK takeovers and tech giant threat 22 August 2014 | 10:45 am
- BBC director general: plenty of life left in the licence fee 22 August 2014 | 10:44 am
- Replacement TV set sales to drive industry growth 22 August 2014 | 10:44 am
- Aereo cable service appeal denied 22 August 2014 | 10:43 am
MPEGIF is an independent and platform neutral not-for-profit organisation facilitating and furthering the widespread adoption and deployment of MPEG and related standards in next generation digital media services. It provides a forum to exchange information and views on technological, economic and regulatory issues that are relevant to these services. It also provides a powerful industry voice advocating the adoption of standards and consolidating the direction of the industry in the time of transition from analogue to digital television and media services. Its focus and constituency is derived from cable, satellite, telecommunication and new media service operators, channel owners, content providers, broadcasters, equipment manufacturers, system integrators, software providers, as well as industry advocacy groups, industry analysts, financial institutions and academic institutes.