- Liberty Global in counter-bid for Kabel Deutschland 18 June 2013 | 10:48 am
- Netflix signs biggest deal to date with DreamWorks 18 June 2013 | 10:47 am
- BBC iPlayer usage flattens out in May 18 June 2013 | 10:45 am
- Set-top box is not dead, says Arris 18 June 2013 | 10:44 am
- ERT back on air after court ruling 18 June 2013 | 10:42 am
Intelsat is the leading provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity for leading media and communications companies, Internet Service Providers and government organizations. The global satellite communications provider connects approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for 45 years, throughout 200 countries and territories.
Intelsat’s valuable regional video neighborhoods deliver more television channels than any other system. Intelsat’s terrestrial network of eight strategically-located teleports and over 36,000 miles of leased fiber complements a global satellite fleet of approximately 50 satellites, covering 99% of the world’s population. Intelsat utilizes a fully integrated satellite operations model, enabling global delivery from a single platform.
Since its founding in 1964, Intelsat has provided transmission services for milestone events, including the global delivery of video signals of the first moonwalk, providing the “hot line” connecting the White House and the Kremlin and transmitting live television coverage of every Olympics since 1968. With Intelsat, communications with your customers are closer, by far. www.intelsat.com