- World’s first wide-scale 700MHz LTE Broadcast trial launched in Munich 29 July 2014 | 10:47 am
- Astorg Partners takes majority stake in M7 Group 29 July 2014 | 10:46 am
- Orange grows TV subscriber numbers by 10% 29 July 2014 | 10:45 am
- Coe rules himself out of the running for BBC Trust role 29 July 2014 | 10:44 am
- Liberty reorganises Austrian and Swiss operations 29 July 2014 | 10:43 am
With capacity commercialised on 31 satellites, Eutelsat is the world’s third largest satellite operator.
In the video market, Eutelsat’s connectivity solutions and strong video neighbourhoods enable broadcasters to reach viewers across extended Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Today, 4,600 television channels are broadcast to over 200 million cable and satellite homes in these regions. Over 600 TV channels are available to homes across Eastern Europe.
The Group's satellites also serve a wide range of fixed and mobile telecommunications services, TV contribution markets, corporate networks, and broadband markets for Internet Service Providers and for transport, maritime and in-flight markets.
Six satellites are getting ready to fly before end 2015.